October 18, 2010

Whatcha Readin'?

Daryl knows when I'm healthy and happy because I'll have two or three novels going at one time. One will be at the head of our bed, another in the back of the car for waits at the DMV or the dentist's office. A third will be sitting on the coffee table, or in the dining room where I eat my breakfast.

I devour books. Love them. Live off of them. Nom. Nom. Nom.

Sadly, right now I find myself in a bit of a novel dry spell. I'm just not that inspired by anything new I've seen out there (Jonathan Franzen and I are not good author-reader buddies, for one), and I have not yet hunted down our local library to check out what they have in store.



I've just started Jeanette Walls' Half Broke Horses, which is  beginning to be wonderful, but I want more. I am the Cookie Book Monster.



So I'm asking you: what's a good book you've read lately? Why did you like it?

Thanks to: http://scientopia.org/blogs/childsplay/2010/08/08/blind-item-cookie-monster/ for the Cookie Monster pic!

4 comments:

Christina said...

I'm devouring anything by Philippa Gregory and also just about to start Isabel Allende's new novel Island Beneath the Sea. :)

Sarah Kennedy said...

I just devoured the Hunger Games, and am just starting book 2 of the series. Distrubing, captivating, definitely a page turner!

Emily said...

I'm a huge re-reader these days, rediscovering my personal library after years of pretty much exclusive school reading. Gary and I are reading East of Eden together at present.

Anonymous said...

Check out A Long Way from Chicago by Richard Peck. Newbery Honor award in 1999. It is excellent.
-Leah