December 29, 2010

My Sister, the Photographer

My little sister is ridiculously talented. She makes wedding cakes that look like they're straight out of TLC's Cake Boss (see an example here). She gave us a framed abstract block print for Christmas that is so gorgeous I cannot wait to hang it in my office ("Is that Mondrian?" "No, it's an authentic Caroline!"). And the girl takes amazing photos.


As part of our Christmas present she gave Daryl and I a photo shoot and then touched up the pictures, adding color, changing the effects, and just generally making us look way better than we do in real life. Knowing that we'll be apart (again! baahhh....) for the next several months, she wanted each of us to have a picture to put on our desks.

The really crazy thing? This photo shoot took maybe twenty minutes. We bundled up, drove half a mile from my parents' house to a frozen lake, and she shot away. The result? Awesomeness. I wish I had one iota of her artistic skill, but I'm happy to just have her in the family. What a Christmas present!
She's one January-term course away from being a college grad, so if you need some photos, you know who to call... I'm sure I can get you a discount. ;)

5 comments:

Heather @Gluten-Free Cat said...

BEAUUUUUUTIFUL!

Jenny said...

You're right, she is talented! Post a pic of the print that she made!

Anonymous said...

yes, very nice...very nice.

Emily said...

She's not in western Michigan, is she? Because I would TOTALLY send a little business her way. The pictures look wonderful!

Gluten Free Jesus Freak said...

Emily - she's in Minneapolis, but she might be up for a road-trip... :)