August 21, 2010

I Loved this Summer: Part 1

Well, the new academic year is upon us. Daryl heads back to school on Monday. I start work the following Monday. I'm grieving the end of an incredible summer. Does it really have to end? Below are some of the promised pictures from a really wonderful and blessed time with family and friends in states across the country. I wish it never had to end...

We hung out at my parents' lake in Wisconsin and swam, swam, swam.
We visited Bayfield, Wisconsin, on wild Lake Superior with all its natural beauty.
We celebrated our friends Daniel and Emily's wedding with a post-wedding reception in northern Wisconsin. This is a photo of our old homeschooled group of friends. Sigh... Everyone's so grown up now!
I read books to my four-month old (and ridiculously adorable) niece, Sophie.
The girls had days out on the town.
My niece Aleah helped me put on some makeup for date night.
Sophie bonded with her great-grandpa.
Aleah wanted more brownies...
We visited the soon-to-be-married Mike and Tonia up in Duluth.
We saw Split Rock lighthouse on Lake Superior.
I wore my Chacos pretty much every day (and now have a rockin' sandal tan).
Daryl and Dad grilled in a downpour. That's dedication!
Mom and I did some great flea market shopping.

The rest? To be continued (including my very favorite photo of the whole summer!)...

2 comments:

Sarah Kennedy said...

wow, looks like exactly the kind of summer you guys needed! Question though--what in the world are you going to do with all those buttons??

Gluten Free Jesus Freak said...

Take over the world!