December 19, 2009

Happy Things

Today Daryl and I begin our trek north to Wisconsin. Hooray! We are frantically packing and cleaning and showering and loading all of our clothing and Christmas presents into the car. But I thought I'd pause here for a list of happiness at the end of another long, hard season of finals. In no particular order, this is what I'm happy about today:

Happy Things

10. I have wonderful friends in Princeton who are watching our cats. This is huge. Eliot and Kenny will have fresh food, water, and litter, and someone to scratch them behind the ears now and then. This is the kind of thing I will really miss after I leave Princeton and move to some random Nashville neighborhood without 100 other seminary students...

9. I have finished my Christmas shopping! And it was really fun this year. When a budget is tight, and a person doesn't do much shopping, Christmas shopping is way fun. And I love giving presents. Love it.

8. Friend visits. We are on our way to see several good friends in Chicago on our drive up. While I'm always sad we can't see everyone (and we want to, all you Chicago peeps!), it's great to reconnect with those we love in our favorite city.

7. Chicago foods... Yes, we are hoping to stop at Los Burritos. Yes, that's the place where you can get a $4 burrito that's bigger than your head. Yes, Daryl can occasionally eat two of those. Yes, it's both disgusting and impressive.

6. Driving. I'm not a huge fan of driving, really. But when I've been a) separated from my husband for the past four months, and b) turned into a brain-dead zombie by my final exams, driving is great. We'll get a good chance to reconnect, listen to bad Christmas music on the radio (see my earlier post...), and eat gas-station candy. Love it.

5. I am DONE with finals. Praise God. Just... really. Praise God.

4. I am on my way to see my family! I haven't seen the whole family together in quite awhile. And my little niece Aleah is getting BIG and hilarious. And I miss my sisters. And my parents. And my grandparents. And home.

3. I am on my way to Wisconsin! I can't wait to be in Wisconsin. Can't wait. My soul can breathe better up there.

2. It's almost Christmas. 

1. It's almost CHRISTMAS!!! I'm super excited about this. I love Christmas. Love, love, love Christmas. Love it.

Merry early Christmas, friends! What are you happy about?

1 comment:

Tonia said...

Happy we got to see YOU and DARYL on Christmas!!! That was so much fun!!!!! Love you!!!!!