December 5, 2009

Princeton's First Snow

It snowed today! Just a little, and none of it stuck, but for a girl from Wisconsin, December 5 is quite a long time to wait for snow, and even a little bit was quite welcome.

I have picked up a nasty cold somewhere, so my day was spent on the couch watching several Harry Potter movies. Thanks, ABCFamily! I also brainstormed some Christmas present ideas. After planning to make people presents this year, and then falling far behind in my sewing and crafting (come to think of it, that whole idea was pretty overambitious...), I'm now planning my shopping trips instead. It's all for the best, I suppose.

Anyone have any good homemade present ideas? Has anyone received a homemade gift they really loved? Over the past few years I've gotten some really great earrings from my sisters and some adorable potholders from my friend Tonia. And then there are the yearly "shiny pants" pajamas my mom makes for all of us (even the sons-in-law! gotta love that!). I love handmade stuff.

There are some great ideas over at the DIY section of Design Sponge (the link is over there to the right), if you have the time and the inclination.


Okay, off to bed to try to kill off this cold...

1 comment:

Trista said...

You should check out Etsy.com! It's like Ebay, but strictly handmade and vintage stuff. You'd love it. :)